Interactive Science and Technology
Welcome to ISaT at The Master's School!
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science." ~Edwin Powell Hubble
The ISaT course is grounded in providing students the opportunity to adventure as Hubble said and use science to learn about and experience their world. The ISaT curriculum vertically incorporates each of the major science disciplines (biological science, physical science, earth science, and the nature of science) at each grade level. Students regularly work with cutting edge educational technology utilizing HP Lap Tops, Vernier Labquest Data Loggers, Canon Digital Cameras, Digital Blue Qx5 Computer Microscopes, SMART Boards, and LEGO Robotics. All Lower School students are taught in the ISaT science lab designed especially for use by elementary students. The hands-on program encourages students to take chances and experience their world through the eyes of a scientist. The ultimate goal of ISaT is to increase students' understanding of the scientific way we learn about and understand the world around us and to develop an enthusiasm for and overall love of science and exploration!
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..." ~Isaac Asimov
ISaT Core Science Concepts
Earth and Space Sciences
1. Understand atmospheric processes and the water cycle
2. Understand Earth's composition and structure
3. Understand the composition and structure of the universe and the Earth's place in it
1. Understand the structure and properties of matter
2. Understand the sources and properties of energy
3. Understand forces and motion
1. Understand the principles of heredity and related concepts
2. Understand the structure and function of cells and organisms
3. Understand relationships among organisms and their physical environment
4. Understand biological diversity of life
Nature of Science
1. Understand the nature of scientific knowledge
2. Understand the nature of scientific inquiry
- There are no events to display.