Founded in 1970, The Master’s School is an independent, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian day school enrolling children in preschool through grade 13. The school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International.
The Master’s School is located on a beautiful 76-acre, ten-building campus in West Simsbury, Connecticut. It serves families from 40 towns throughout Connecticut and southwestern Massachusetts. The city of Hartford, within a 12-mile commuting distance, provides the economic and metropolitan center for the Farmington Valley where the school is located.
- 76-acre campus
- Ten main buildings
- Full gymnasium and athletic fields
- Library maintains more than 9,000 volumes and is fully networked (as are all buildings and levels of the school) and subscribes to numerous electronic databases for students and faculty
The Student Body
- Total student population for the 2016-2017 school year is over 300 students
- Diverse in both academic and socio-economic backgrounds with 20% of our population being minority or exchange students
- Emphasis on small classes (11 average)
Faculty and Staff
- 41 teachers with an average of over 15 years’ experience
- All teachers have undergraduate degrees and 37% hold a master’s degree or Ph.D.
- AP courses: Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, US History
- Students take at least six courses per term
- World languages offered beginning in kindergarten
- Kindergarten through sixth grade teachers have access to iPads for use within their curriculum
- 1:1 Technology Program:
- Students in grades 7-12 are assigned a Windows-based convertible laptop/tablet for use at home and in the classroom
- Teachers of grades 7-12 have identical devices
- 100% of students in the class of 2017 enrolled in different 4-year colleges and universities
- Individualized college counseling program
- Financial aid to those who qualify based upon need for students grades 1-12 through SMART TUITION
- Visual arts
- Choral classes
- Digital journalism
- Starting in early kindergarten, students perform in choral concerts
- The drama department produces a quality performance in the spring
Over 65% of all Upper School students are involved in athletics. New England, Connecticut, and Tournament Championships have been won in basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, downhill skiing and volleyball.
Open participation policy for all students grades 6-12 in the following sports:
- Ultimate Frisbee
The Master's School provides bus service for families in the Windsor, Bloomfield, West Hartford, Avon and Farmington areas.